Tuesday, October 18, 2005

not an easy thing!

This blogging stuff isn't easy! From the date of my last post until now, I have been desperately trying to enter a new post (hey, I'm a sock monkey, I have a lot of time on my paws) and has it ever been impossible! This blogthing is tricky! But it seems to be working now... I hope...

I have wanted to write about my new shoes (they're blue!) but they don't feel that new anymore. I shall have to go out somewhere special and wear them, but I don't know where.

Here in the homeplace, we've been listening to records. Mum and The Subhuman went out and brought back a big bunch of old records. I've been hanging out in the livingroom , so I've been getting to listen to them all. There's a George Carlin one, and a Sesame Street one, and a pile of different musicals, but the best two are a folk one with different people, including Mason Williams, and Bill McNeil's "Voice of the Pioneer".

Mason Williams is very funny. We already have a record of him, and he does nice music too, but I like the funny stuff. On this new record, he has a song called "Them Toad Suckers" which is completely silly!

On the Voice of the Pioneer record there are some amazing stories told by old people remembering when they were young, and in many cases poor. What amazing people they were! Some of the stories were very funny, and some very moving. It is wonderful to hear these stories, and it's an old record, so the stories on it took place a very, very long time ago!

Records are pretty neat. I think they are exactly the right sort of thing for a sock monkey to listen to.

No comments: