Friday, March 31, 2006

art girls tea at Aunties place

When we got to Aunty Natasha & Maireads Tea party, Chrispin was still asleep! Other people came to the Tea party, too - lots of art-girl-people and they had fun in the big room talking about art & entrepreneurship while us Monkeys & such played on the stairs. They're special stairs, just for sitting on, that don't go anywhere and smell like soap, because there's lots of soap everywhere. Aunties M & N make soap, and maybe someday Chrispin & Apple will learn how, too. Then they can invent their own types of soap! If you want to see what their soap is like, go to the link on the right that says "pioneer arts" 'cause that's their company.

The painting of the Monkey is by Toni. I just met her for the first time at the Tea & she paints Monkeys!! And cats & aliens & robots & things! How great is that! (Maybe someday I'll get her to paint my portrait...) I must get Mum to get one of her paintings for me. (Of a Monkey, or maybe I could get one of a bunch of bananas....mmmm!) Mum knows her from art shows, and I think she's going to set up a website, too, which I'll add to my blogthing when it's up.

And there was another person there whom I already knew, Ellaine! I met her at Mums Sock Monkey Workshop, where she had started a Rockford Red Heel Sock Monkey! I finally got to meet Ellaine's Sock Monkey, who is quite beautiful now! She sat & played on the stairs with us, while Ellaine & Toni & my Mum & my Aunties & all the art-girls had their Tea! Ellaine has a website, and it has a link on the right that says "baby blankets" and there might be more Monkey pictures somewhere on her site, too...

I think Mum should have a Tea just for Monkeys & Sock People...!

No comments: