Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Montys first ever poem


Oh, the wonderful, amazing creativity & diversity of Sock Monkeys! Here is my first ever Poem!! It was inspired by my visit to the Sock Monkey Workshop.


Here are new Monkeys, who were only socks before...
What fun awaits them; who are they made for?




What sights will they see;
what places will they go?

How to Adventure is what they already know!




People sit and sew, for one hundred years, or more!


Making new Monkeys, who were only socks before,


Monkeys to make new friends,

with which to laugh and play,

Get some socks, and needle and thread,
and make a Monkey today!

These Monkeys are, from top to bottom, Marcus (made by Marlee), Andy (made by Ruth), Chester (made by Kim), & Lucio (made by Beatrice)!

3 comments:

Sock Monty said...

How terrible!! I'm agast! Did your Sock Monkey ever find a safe haven? I hope he is safe somewhere! My heart will be broken if he is not.

Paul said...

Oh Sock Monkeys - you have inspired me with your great sock monkey-ness! I must now search the jungles and savannahs of Africa to photograph a sock monkey for my "Freaks of Nature" blog.

Sock Monty said...

Dinglefritz - tell your Monkey to Be Of Good Cheer and give him a nightlight & some books & bananas or treats. Who is R Kelly? Can I see the videos somewhere? If your Monkey needs a vacation, you can send him here & we will feed him homemade brownies.

Paul - I guess a Sock Monkey is a "freak of nature". I never really thought about it before. Maybe that's why I like your blogthing...? You may not have to go as far as Africa to find Sock Monkeys. I, for example, live in Toronto, which is nowhere near Africa, and I have close relatives all over the place, in Canada, the States, England, Australia & Japan! We Sock Monkeys are highly adaptable. (But hopefully we shouldn't spend our whole lives hiding in closets.)

Good luck to DingleFritz's Monkey. We're all rooting for you!